Job Type: Full Time, Ongoing
Pay Rate: $17-$19/hour + performance bonus
Location: Toronto, ON
Number of openings: 2
Work Location: The Door to Door Team Leader will venture out with the fundraisers to various communities across the GTA. Teams will meet at a centralized location on a daily basis for a motivational meeting prior to heading out to their assigned regions.
Work Hours: Ideal candidates are seeking full time hours (35-40 hours/week) Monday-Saturday. Fundraising occurs between the hours of 12:30pm-8:30pm. Team Leader hours may vary based on business needs and may include occasional weekends.
Who are we looking for?
We are in pursuit of a Door to Door Team Leader who can create high performing teams through inspiration, motivation and engagement. If you are a natural born leader with the ability or drive to develop a strong team and have a passion for helping others, then you have the foundation we are looking for. We need someone who is excited about taking on the challenge of getting their hands dirty and sees our vision of expansion.
Top Candidates Possess…
• Minimum of 3 months experience managing a team of face to face fundraisers or outdoor sales representatives
• Superior communication skills and ability to convey the charity’s message with passion & conviction
• A charismatic and personable approach who has the drive to encourage and inspire others to be part of a change.
• Appreciation for team diversity, and an ability to mentor and coach others to their full potential.
• Fearless and self-motivated team player, who demonstrates a positive work ethic and leads by example.
• A quick and decisive problem solver, ability to adapt to new situations
• Comfortable handling difficult situations in a professional manner
• Highly ambitious, resilient and results driven who strives to go above average.
• Encourages ethical and respectful business practice.
• Post-secondary education in International Development, Business, Social Services or Teaching considered a strong asset
• Secure monthly donations and raise awareness in support of North America's most reputable charity organizations, including World Vision Canada.
• Provide on the job coaching, set performance expectations, conduct performance evaluations and ensure the team is on track to achieve goals
• Identify and inspire future leadership
• Ensures ethical fundraising practices are adhered to
• Oversees team logistics including; mapping out ideal fundraising territories, tracking inventory
• Leads daily motivational meetings and provides a platform for coaching opportunities
• Provides updates during weekly discussions regarding team performance, recruitment needs and employee concerns with the VP Business Development & Client Engagement and Director of Operations-Door to Door.
• Addresses staff conflicts, including but not limited to resignation, termination, misconduct and directing any concerns to the manager and HR
• This position requires you to actively engage with patrons which will involve standing and walking for long periods of time. Candidates must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Rapid growth - We need leaders who can coach and develop a team of junior fundraisers. This is an opportunity to develop your own team of high performing fundraisers!
• Opportunity to represent and advocate on behalf of multiple non profit organizations
• Incentives, contests and fun team building activities with teams across North America
• A chance to participate in an annual trip to visit one of charity’s ongoing projects in a developing country
• Hands on training – One on one coaching support and mentoring from your direct manager.
• Build a career in non-profit where giving back and achieving your full potential is just part of the job.
• Adopt our contagious team spirit and ongoing mentoring that makes this a truly special place to work.
• Highly competitive compensation package - lucrative team & individual performance bonus.
Be a part of the change you want to see in the world and build a meaningful career with donorworx today!