One of our employer is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team.
As an Associate, you will:
- Be responsible for the preparation of compilation engagements and the related income tax compliance requirements
- Be responsible for the preparation of personal tax returns
- Assist with CRA audits and queries and communicate directly with tax authorities
- Identify, research and solve technical issues
- Draft reports, letters and responses to client queries for manager review
- From time-to-time, you may be asked to assist with ad hoc tasks associated with consulting engagements
- Must have experience with Taxprep, Caseware and Quickbooks
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a public accounting firm with a focus on private clients
- CPA designation (CA or CGA) or in the process of obtaining the designation
- Possess excellent understanding of accounting principles and Canadian tax compliance
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as the ideal candidate should be able to communicate directly with clients.
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities