Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Training Provided: Initial 8 weeks
This role is a hands-on experience that develops your supervisory experience, coaching skills, coffee/ tea passion and business acumen, all to build your understanding of store management. You will learn how to create success for a multi-million-dollar business, create and develop great teams, and building a meeting place in your community that nurtures customers. These foundational principles set up partners for success for careers in store management and leadership.
Using a mix of online learning, classroom training and hands on mentorship, you’ll learn how to:
- Grow a successful, multi-million-dollar business: drive sales leveraging your business acumen, efficiency and problem-solving skills
- Nurture talent & lead a team: engage the hearts and minds of your team and develop their skills so that they realize their personal best, both as individuals and as thriving teams.
- Inspire others: become a dynamic brand ambassador dedicated to driving and achieving results through your team
We’d love to hear from people with:
- 2+ years retail / customer service management experience (Hospitality or Retail Restaurant experience preferred)
- Ability to assist the store manager in maintaining a positive environment, which provides fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both guests and team members.
- Ability to direct and lead team members through their daily routines and interact with customers to make sure that they have a satisfactory experience.
- Ability to work within a team environment, and demonstrate excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills in English
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills Entrepreneurial mentality with experience in a sales focused environment
- Minimum High School or GED
- Food Handler & Smart Serve Certifications would be an asset
- Legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in Canada
- Ability to work full time (the work regularly demands in excess of 40 hours per week) including variable hours including early mornings (4:30 am earliest) , evenings (11/12 pm latest), weekends and/ or holidays.
Starbucks is known for developing extraordinary people who drive business success by doing the right thing for partners (employees), customers and communities – globally. As a Starbucks leader you are driven by a deep sense of purpose. You are aspirational - never a bystander. You take action to make a positive difference every day, and you inspire others to do the same.
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, province, and local ordinances.