Sewing Machine Operator Trainee
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly Rate: $11.40
Location: Eglinton Ave. W and Caledonia Rd.
McCowan Rd. and Sheppard Ave. E
Do you have some sewing experience and are ready to put it to good use? Canada Goose is looking for junior to intermediate sewers ready to apply their skills to delivering unparalleled quality to our iconic Canadian brand. Working with the Training Sewing Supervisor, you will learn to play a critical role in helping to produce Canada Goose outerwear according to the high standards of quality Canada Goose is known for all over the world.
Wondering what you’d be doing?
- Work as part of a larger team to complete a garment
- Sew various parts of a garment including, but not limited to, pockets, flaps, zippers, hoods and sleeves as well as lining to shell
- Assess the quality of garment pieces before sewing to ensure garments are up to Canada Goose quality standards
- Ensure individual productivity quotas are met or exceeded on a daily basis, while at the same time maintaining Canada Goose quality standards
- Sewing experience beneficial but not required
- Proven ability to follow direction, problem solve and take initiative
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to keep the hand and arm steady while running fabric through a machine
- Learn and live Canada Goose’s Values- taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment