How to Apply: Please send your resume with a cover letter telling us why you’d be a perfect fit for this position to email@example.com and/or come to our B2B BANK INFO SESSION & HIRING EVENT on Aug 22nd. Hurry and pre-register at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/b2b-bank-info-session-hiring-event-tickets-36487840112
Position: Senior Technical Business Analyst (TEMENOS T24)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
The Senior Technical Business Analyst elicits and translates customer product requirements into comprehensive, complete and accurate business, functional and non-functional requirements and specifications. The role will also involve supervision of vendor prepared detailed technical specification requirements which can be applied to the Bank’s core banking technology platform in order to meet the business and functional requirements. They will participate in defining and recommending system solutions to meet business goals and product requirements which satisfy legal, regulatory and client requirements. The incumbent will work autonomously and be skilled at working with the most senior executives of the company to develop comprehensive requirements. He/she is expected to ask questions and make suggestions to project stakeholders that will result in the development of high quality, high-value strategic solutions. Developing business requirements documentation and process flow models will be a key facet of this position. EXPERIENCE IN TEMENOS T24 IS MANDATORY.
- Consults and coordinates with stakeholders to design and map business processes and procedures through to detailed functional and technical specifications for core banking. Prepares business requirements documentation, develops process flow models, develops conceptual data models, and documents and maps other processes as required; all of which are designed within the construct and models required by the Core Banking technology system.
- Organizes JAD sessions to document as-is processes and work with vendors to propose to-be processes. Creativity and clear thinking is required to ensure that maximum utility can be obtained from out of the box solutions while still meeting the needs
- of internal stakeholders.
- Methodologies used will include Waterfall, Prototyping, Incremental, and Agile. Incumbent should be comfortable with modern tools including Kanban, scrum, and iterative development, depending on the situation, as well as traditional tools.
- Assesses, researches, analyzes and documents sponsor/stakeholder needs. Maintains ongoing
- relations with various stakeholders to better meet the projects objectives.
- Recommends business solutions that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of the implementation plan.
- Supports User Acceptance Testing by supporting planning, development of test cases, and execution of tests.
- Works with QA team to provide support for development of applicable test strategy and preparation and validation of test cases to support SIT (Systems Integration Testing), QA (Quality Assurance), BAT (Business Acceptance Testing) and UAT (User
- Acceptance Testing) testing of core banking technology by QA and other teams.
- Consults and work closely with vendors, technology service providers, and internal business units to ensure all requirements have been accurately addressed.
- Accountable for providing consulting services to clients in the application of information technologies.
- EXPERIENCE IN TEMENOS T24 IS MANDATORY
- University Degree in a related field and 4 to 6 years of related experience in technical business analysis in the financial industry. OR
- College Diploma in a related field and 7 to 10 years of related experience in technical business analysis in the financial industry.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in Mortgages, Loans, GIC/Deposits and/or Commercial Lending
- Core banking technology experience is essential
- Strong understanding of process flows, requirements gathering techniques, conducting structured analysis, data modeling, process mapping, Software Development and Project Management Life Cycle
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Experience in Process re-engineering, creation of business requirements, SRS, JAD, and UAT testing
- A strong, knowledgeable individual who is confident and has the ability to work within a high pressure environment with tight timelines. Able to adapt to rapid changes, complexity, and operate in times of ambiguity.
- Flexible attitude ability to be available evenings and weekends if needed
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional ability to reconstruct problems and recommend timely solutions
- Excellent time-management, interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to make quick, well-informed decisions to avoid project delays.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, having a sense of urgency for the completion of critical tasks.
- Aptitude for identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending sound solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (oral and written) with stakeholders of all levels in the organization.