How to Apply: Please send your resume with a cover letter telling us why you’d be a perfect fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or come to our B2B BANK INFO SESSION & HIRING EVENT on Aug 22nd. Hurry and pre-register at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/b2b-bank-info-session-hiring-event-tickets-36487840112
Position: Senior Administration Officer (Municipal Tax)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Expected Start Date: 2017/Aug/28
The Senior Administration Officer is responsible for administering municipal tax payments and general administration of mortgage accounts. The incumbent will contribute to the continuous improvement of loan administration to increase efficiency. They will act as a resource point for team members and communicate with clients to resolve problems as well as complaints in line with the banks policies and procedures. In addition, they are responsible for providing support to the manager in the coordination of day-to-day operations as well as participating in special projects and assignments as required.
- Act as a resource point for team members on all matters related to mortgages, particularly municipal taxes.
- Acts as support to the manager in the coordination of daily operations.
- Processing and organizing payments with relevant tax authorities.
- Process payment of property taxes within due dates for clients across Canada.
- Perform regular reviews of property tax account and reconcile against municipal tax files
- Perform tax adjustments on mortgage payment.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis if there are any changes to the tax portion of their mortgage payment.
- Maintain ongoing communication with municipal tax offices staying informed of changes to portfolio
- Communicate with solicitors on any tax arrears as a result of non-payment at closing.
- Handles special requests and complaints from clients; conducts the necessary research with the concerned parties, communicates with clients and manages correspondence appropriately.
- Highlights potential problems, suggesting improvements to work processes by helping to identify practical and cost-effective solutions while adhering to Bank policies and applicable laws.
- Keep up-to-date with the technical and legal aspects of mortgage products.
- Maintains a good relationship with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Assumes all other related duties requested by their manager or as required by nature of their duties.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in financial services.
- Bilingual (French/English) verbal and written communication skills are assets.
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage products.
- Advanced knowledge of Municipal Tax Administration and processes.
- Intermediate knowledge in process review.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer systems MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate information effectively.
- Able to work in a high volume environment with extremely demanding time frames.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills.
- Highly motivated with a desire to succeed and progress.
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.