Hairdresser and Makeup Artist Educator (NOC 6271)
Business & Work Location:
1005 Eglinton Avenue West, York, Ontario, M6c 2c7
Terms of Employment:
Full time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Compensation and Benefits:
$17.50 per hour
We are looking for an experienced hairstylist/makeup artist educator to join our team. With a growing clientele and demand for participation in national runway shows, this person will train and mentor other hairstylists and makeup artists in the studio to replicate famous runways styles and looks. The detailed duties are listed below:
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences;
- Train or supervise other hairstylists, makeup artists, apprentices and helpers on the following techniques:
- Make up- Scar and acne concealing, creative/ artistic/ avant garde make up, photography make up, model runway make up, celebrity make up, tutorial make up.
- Hair- Balayage, creative hair colour, highlights, up style bridal, avant garde hair, fashion hair do, product educator
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm, wash and style hair;
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair; and
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair.
- Completion of secondary school;
- Must have vocational training or certificate in hairstyling;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a senior hairstylist and makeup artist and have an impressive portfolio displaying quality work;
- Previous experience working with high end clientele in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be knowledgeable of hair dyes and makeup products and be comfortable with training in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work under pressure, and be on their feet for extended periods of time.