Are you “that friend” everyone asks for tech support, because you have a knack for explaining things in a way they can understand? And do you love that?
Do you love the Internet? Hate scripts? Have high personal accountability? Are you a “puzzle person” and think problem solving is a fun time? Can you make mature and thoughtful judgement calls? Hate fluffing-off customers just to maintain handle time? Are you a team player with crack customer service and communication skills?
Why not be part of a customer service team that uses regular language to de-mystify the Internet and domain names?
You will be on the front line of our customer service team helping our customers via phone, email, and live chat. The buck stops with you and problem solving is your claim to fame – there are no tiers. You will maintain responsibility for your issues from beginning to end from technical troubleshooting to billing issues to research to being challenged by things beyond the scope of the brand to help our customers and your peers. You will be ultimately responsible for solving problems and being “real” and honest in the experience you create through your customer service approach. You will take responsibility for your own development. If you don’t know something, you will make it your mission to find out. It’s a challenging role and we expect a lot out of you. After all, nobody is really doing what we do and we’ve set the bar pretty darn high.
Think you might be interested in a customer service tech support career at one of the world’s oldest and most respected Internet companies? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re one of those people who like lists, here’s some of what we’re looking for:
- Must be friendly, personable and caring, a strong team player while at the same time able to tackle responsibilities independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, post-secondary level or equivalent. If your not clear on the proper use of punctuation and grammer and cant spot the error’s in this sentence you cant work with us
- Are a problem-solver – you are highly focused on finding solutions rather than simply identifying problems to leave for someone else to solve
- Strong knowledge of email software, DNS or web hosting, domain names, and general Internet technologies would be considered very strong assets
- Face-to-face retail customer service experience combined with a love of technology would also be strong assets
- You’re able to work at a blistering pace on competing priorities that require an insanely high attention to detail while still providing awesome customer service experiences
- You’re a whiz on the keyboard and type at least 50wpm
- You wouldn’t dream of applying without first researching hover.com, realnames.com and tucowsinc.com
- You work hard to ensure all expectations of you and others are always met and the thought of allowing someone else to clean up your mess gives you an eye twitch
- You can engage effectively and honestly with people at all levels
- Punctuality and attendance are high priorities for you and the word “late” is not part of your vocabulary - ever
- 1-2 years of progressive customer service or tech support experience, preferably in an Internet-related industry would be considered an asset
Successful candidates will be hired to work from the 96 Mowat Avenue location in the beautiful Liberty Village area of Toronto. Perks include use of their rooftop BBQ and outdoor deck, foosball table, lounge area with big screen TV, open concept office, extended health care and generous vacation time.