Assistant Shop Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly Rate: $13 - $15
Location: Fairview Mall
- Consistently holds staff accountable to achieve goals; achieves shop sales goals through the staff.
- Maintains a personal, aggressive sales approach which serves as a standard of excellence in customer service for the staff.
- Consistently holds staff accountable to achieve goals by enforcing link selling techniques to increase Average Dollar Sale (ADS) and units per transactions (UPT) through training and direction of the sales staff.
- Assists the Shop Manager in coaching, training and development of all staff.
- Assists Shop Manager in enthusiastically executing events, promotions, and contests.
- Supervision of the selling floor when Shop Manager is not present; leads the sales staff through example.
- Assumes an active role in recruiting and interviewing candidates for sales associate and sales leader positions.
- Assists in training new hires.
- Develops a management communication style conducive to achieving results through positive motivation of staff.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and personal image in compliance with Corporate standards.
- Adheres to Corporate policy and procedures as outlined in all shop manuals.
- Assists Shop Manager in controlling payroll within guidelines following Corporate scheduling practices.
- Experience working in a retail business
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Projects and maintains a professional image and demonstrates high energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to comfortably and quickly build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Effective supervisory skills
- High standards of tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Desire and ability to motivate others to achieve objectives
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment